Find some of the FAQs regarding the CEL CS Unplugged Challenge to help you make informed choice,
1. What is CEL CS Unplugged Challenge?
CEL CS Unplugged Challenge for kids is a weekly challenge for kids in grade 6-9 to master CS concepts, in an unplugged manner i.e. without a computer, to build 21st century skills.
2. Who can participate in CEL CS Unplugged Challenge?
Kids studying in grade 6-9 can participate in CEL CS Unplugged Challenge.
3. Why should kids participate in CEL CS Unplugged Challenge?
These CS concepts, besides giving exposure to the field and building critical thinking, creativity and other 21st century skills, will also help them understand about the real world around them.
4. I have a school. How can my school participate in CEL CS Unplugged Challenge?
Google form can be shared with the parents/concerned person and kids can be asked to sign up for the same.
5. I run an organization (for profit/not for profit) working with kids. How can my school participate in CEL CS Unplugged Challenge for our kids?
They can be asked to sign up through Google form to participate in the challenge.
6. I am a student in grade 6 till grade 9? How can I participate in CEL CS Unplugged Challenge?
You can fill the to sign up, follow the instructions in the challenge and submit their challenge through Google Forms.
7. I am a student in grade 6 till grade 9. Can I participate alone?
Yes absolutely. This challenge requires individual participation.
8. How will I receive the challenge?
You will receive the challenge on the mail ID which you added during the form submission.
9. What should I do after I have received the CEL CS Unplugged Challenge?
The challenge would consist of learning a basic CS concept through video followed by a task on it. The participant is supposed to learn the concept, follow the instructions in the challenge to complete it and submit their challenge through Google Forms.
10. How will I be submitting the solution of the challenges?
You will be submitting the solutions of the challenges through the Google forms which you will be receiving through the mail.
11. What would be criteria to judge the winners?
4 lucky participants from the 50 first correct responses would be the winners.
12. What is the prize for the winners?
Top 4 winners from the first 50 correct entries(per challenge) will be recognized on social media channels of CEL, receive a certificate and a prize money of INR 250.
13. What is the fee of participation?
No, there are no fees for participation.
14. What if I missed one of the challenges?
The challenges are mutually exclusive. It’s okay if you have missed one. You can always try for the other challenges.
15. Are there any terms and conditions?
Read the terms and conditions here.