1. What is CEL Kids Hackathon?
CEL Kids Hackathon is a collaborative coding event for kids in grades 5 to grade 9. The kids would be required to participate in pairs. Kids would be given a problem statement aligned to UN’s Sustainable Development Goals for which they have to create an application on Scratch and submit it to us to be reviewed by our expert panel.
2. Who can participate in CEL Kids Hackathon?
Kids studying grade 5 to grade 9 can participate in CEL Kids Hackathon in pairs. Schools/organizations can register their students in pairs and parents can register their child in pair with a friend, sibling or a peer.
3. Why should kids participate in CEL Kids Hackathon?
CEL Kids Hackathon helps kids to showcase their coding talent, builds creativity, problem solving, collaboration and perseverance in kids. Also, gives recognition to kids who excel at it at a bigger level. Moreover, there are certificates for everyone and prizes for winner.
4. On which platform students will be required to code?
You can code either on Scratch or Pocket Code. If students have access to computer Scratch would be preferable and if students have access to smart phones or tablets then Pocket Code would be preferable.
5. I have a school. Can I register my students in CEL Kids Hackathon?
Yes of course.
6. I am an organization (for profit/not for profit) working with kids. Can I register my students in CEL Kids Hackathon?
Yes of course.
7. I am a student in grade 5 till grade 9? How can I participate in CEL Kids Hackathon?
Go on the page of CEL Kids Hackathon 2021 and register yourself in a pair after consulting your parents. Follow the steps given after registration.
8. I am a student in grade 5 till grade 9. Can I participate alone?
No. CEL Kids Hackathon is a collaborative event. You can participate only as pairs. There are so many kids outside we are sure you would find one to participate with.
9. I have never learnt Scratch or Pocket Code? What should I do?
We will share our crisp and fun video based tutorials to help you code and prepare for CEL Kids Hackathon. Also, we will conduct webinars to help you get started. The problem statement of CEL Kids Hackathon would be given on 01 February 2021 so there is plenty of time to learn. Pull up your sleeves and start learning coding with Scratch or Pocket Code. There are many other videos and resources available to learn to code on Scratch or Pocket Code.
10. What would be criteria to judge the winners?
The participants would be judged on basis of,
1) Relevance and Purpose of the project
2) Computational Concepts
11. What is the prize for the winners?
Top 6 winners will get,
1) INR 5000 for 1st Prize
2) INR 2500 for 2nd Prize
3) INR 2000 for 3rd Prize
4) INR 1500 for 4th Prize
5) INR 1000 for 5th Prize and
6) INR 500 for 6th Prize
Besides, there are certificates with feedback for everyone.
12. What is the fee of participation?
The participation fee is INR 300 per team. One team has 2 children. Keep looking for early bird discounts.
13. Are there any terms and conditions?
Read the terms and condition here.
In case you have other questions mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.