CEL Kids Hackathon is a short sprint collaborative coding event for students in grades 5 to grade 9. The students would be required to participate in pairs. Children would be given a problem statement aligned to UN’s Sustainable Development Goals for which they have to create an application on Scratch and submit it to us along with a concept note to be reviewed by our expert panel.
It could be organized by schools or organizations in their campus by their computer teacher registering in School Format. Moreover, children can organize this at their home during the CEL Kids Hackathon week i.e. from registering in Independent Format. The top 3 winners from the School Entry and Independent Entry would be felicitated with medal and cash prize. However, all children would get a certificate after successful submission of their application along with concept note.
The purpose of CEL Kids Hackathon is to shift kids from being a consumer to the creator of technology and develop the acumen with which they can create products for the larger good. Moreover, use this acumen in their day to day lives to express and problem solve. In addition to that, their creation will make educators, parents and stakeholders aware of coding and its benefits.
Reach in 2019
Benefits of CEL Kids Hackathon
Journey in CEL Kids Hackathon
Formats to Participate
In this format of CEL Kids Hackathon, schools or organizations are encouraged to conduct the event in their campus for their kids. Here is how the event would look like,
- School registers for the event selecting a date to conduct the hackathon during the CEL Hackathon Week
- School enrolls kids in pairs from grades 5-grade 9 to participate in the event
- School submits student list as directed
- School receives the situation for hackathon through email and communicates to kids a week before CEL Hackathon Week so that kids can start preparing for the hackathons
- School conducts the hackathon for the selected kids on the decided day where kids get 90 minutes to make their project
- School gives 30 minutes to kids to prepare concept note
- Schools are encouraged to give kids chance to pitch the project they have made in front of other kids, parents, teachers, guests, etc.
- School submits the project of kids and concept note as directed
If the school is this year not organizing CEL Kids Hackathon then you can participate with your friend through the Independent Format.
- Kids register with one friend as pairs
- Kids receive the situation for the Hackathon at the beginning of the CEL Hackathon Week
- Kids work at home on their own to complete the project
- Kids pitch their project to parents, friends, relatives, family friends, etc.
- Kids submit the project by the end of CEL Hackathon Week along with concept note as directed
And you are done!
Registration for CEL Kids Hackathon 2020 are open now! Click here to register.